Thursday, August 5, 2010

In Agra, we stayed at the Oberoi property which was luxurious as usual and only six hundred yards from the Taj. We proceeded to the property via electric buses designed to save the environment, and for good reason. The haze and smog was pretty thick in the area. Getting into the property requires two lines, one for women and another for men. I was told by our guide to not even bother bringing my Prosumer camera. I had a Canon GL-1 and I've had problems in other places trying to get this camera into some historic places. The powers that be think I am a professional photographer and they want you to pay a fee and do all types of other things, and of course I'm not a professional. I reluctantly left the camera and Ellie brought her Canon 35MM slr.

Having said that, it is worth the hassle! Up close it is a work of art. They have inset black marble arabic words into the white marble and you are left breathless by the workmanship. This is a MUST see if you ever get to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment